Saturday, March 18, 2017

Hello out there..

Hi folks (if anyone is still out there)!  It's been a long time - I know.  No excuses.

Well, a few.

One of them is I've been working awfully hard at the day job - long, rewarding and challenging hours.  That plus other things means that generally I have had no time or energy to craft the kind of post that this Blog was used to.

So if you remember me and you are still here to drop in, I've started posting at Instagram.  It's easier. I just photograph the art with a sentence or two from my phone.  Of course I need the time to make the art.  Sigh.

If you were here for the writing, sorry, no time for that, for now.  Except at this very moment.

So here's a poem I wrote recently (makes reference to the day job and that is how all-consuming it all is.  And, spoiler, the job is not art-related).


Not

Not artist.  Not lawyer.
Not husband, not father or son.
Not writer or poet.
Not the skin, not the bones,
Not the guts in between.
What is there left when all is removed?
Maybe that is me..
Or perhaps it is not.


So if, like me, you now hang out at Instagram, I am @danhkent or https://www.instagram.com/danhkent/

I am excited and a little lost with all of the talent and creativity I am finding there.  Which is a good thing.  It is stirring the pot, which has been tepid for quite a while.  And that's a good thing.




12 comments:

  1. Welcome back..... Of sorts. I too need time to sort through the day job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back and I do hope you can find a few minutes a day to doodle something up. It does feed the soul!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will miss the blog, but will try to stop by your other site if I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Instagram is a great way to post your work and I look forward to seeing more of what you do. It warmed my heart to see what you've put up so far. :-)
    I'm following but through a business account. I don't have a personal Instagram account... but I'm glad to get to see what you've been creating.
    Thanks for letting us know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dan! I pulled out my blog today, as well, missing the writing and my blogger friends. I'll check out your instagram. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg! How are you! Yes I'll catch you on Instagram. I really enjoyed the connection we all had then and I have (again) requested permission to follow you. (I was moderately confused the first time -- old codger).

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share! Greetings success of admin cetak buku murah wish you deign to visit my website, thank you :)
    cetak buku umroh haji
    cetak buku yasin murah

    ReplyDelete