Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Illustration Friday: Theater

In this play, drawn for the Illustration Friday theme of the week "Theater", each actor has only one line. Get it? I have used one continuous line for each character and one continuous line for each component of this pen drawing. Sorta like Etch a Sketch. Got any Etch a Sketch artists out there?

This was a fun exercise, and I wanted to do it again to try to improve on it but ran out of time.

I will be traveling for several days, so won't be able to post. I expect Blog Withdrawal. But I plan to draw and maybe even paint. See you next month!

3 comments:

  1. Love this! Did you draw from a photo, or is this from imagination? Imagination, something I need more. These are really good! I've tried single line before, it's more difficult than it looks. I can never make my way back around.

    You mentioned my pencil drawings earlier, and well, just remember, pencil is VERY forgiving! And somehow, the scanner is too! I keep trying to use pen but I always overdo the shading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic. Before I read you post I thought it was an etch a sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Raena & Janey. I wasn't sure about this one, but you two keep me going.

    ReplyDelete